Rhinebeck Village Court
Village of Rhinebeck Justice Court
76 East Market Street
Rhinebeck, NY 12572
The Village of Rhinebeck is located in Dutchess County, New York. The village is part of the Town of Rhinebeck. US Route 9 is the major road that runs through Rhinebeck Village. If you were stopped for speeding on any road in Rhinebeck, a skilled traffic attorney can help you fight your ticket. I’m Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. and I’ve been helping people fight traffic violations in the Village of Rhinebeck, NY, and throughout Dutchess County for more than 36 years.
Most traffic cases in Rhinebeck Village, NY do not require you to appear in traffic court. When I represent you in Rhinebeck Village Traffic Court, I will begin by negotiating with the local prosecutor and/or patrol officer who stopped your vehicle and ticketed you. I have decades of experience defending clients against traffic charges in courtrooms throughout NY, including Dutchess County, Orange County and Ulster County. Whether you were issued a traffic citation for speeding, running a red light or driving with a suspended license, I have the knowledge and the experience needed to fight your charges and argue on your behalf in Rhinebeck Village Court.Traffic Offenses in Dutchess County, New York
I am a skilled traffic lawyer with more than 36 years of experience helping New York clients charged with:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Yield
- Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
- Negotiations in Advance of Trial: From the moment we first discuss your case, I will start strategizing ways to fight your traffic ticket and help you avoid the most serious penalties. Before trial begins in Rhinebeck Village Court, I will speak with the local prosecutor and patrol office and try to negotiate a favorable outcome, whether it’s an outright dismissal of your charges or reduced charges that allow you to keep points off your license.
These types of negotiations usually occur the day of the hearing, prior to the start of the trial. If I can get your charges dismissed, or reduced to a non-moving violation such as improper parking, it will go a long way toward helping you maintain your driving privileges in the State of New York. If you face a particularly serious traffic charge, such as excessive speeding or drunk driving, I will do everything in my power to get the charge reduced to a lesser offense. Additionally, I may be able to get multiple traffic charges on the same ticket merged into a single charge.
- Trial in Rhinebeck Traffic Court: If it is not possible to work out a favorable plea deal and your case winds up heading to trial, I will be fully prepared for battle in Rhinebeck Village Traffic Court. I understand the nuances of NY traffic law, as well as prosecutorial strategy in traffic cases, so I have an edge when I challenge your traffic ticket in court.
Whether the traffic cop had no legal right to pull you over in the first place, the roadway you were driving on was unsafe to due poor road conditions or inclement weather, or the police officer is unable to provide sound testimony in court, I know exactly how to challenge the evidence and win your case.
If you or a loved one was cited for a moving violation in Rhinebeck Village, New York, it is critical that you take the charges seriously and speak with a knowledgeable attorney. A conviction for speeding, driving without insurance or any other traffic offense could have significant consequences.
Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. has more than 36 years of experience representing clients in traffic courts across New York, including Dutchess County, Orange County and Ulster County. Call him now at 866-938-8498 to discuss your traffic infraction or schedule a consultation at his New Paltz, NY office