Traffic Ticket Lawyer in Pine Plains, NY
Town of Pine Plains Justice Court
3284 Route 199
Pine Plains, NY 12567
Pine Plains is a small town located in Dutchess County, New York. NY State Routes 82 and 199 join in Pine Plains. If you were issued a traffic ticket while driving on one of these roads, or on any other roadway in Pine Plains, speak with a qualified traffic lawyer today about your legal options.
Most traffic tickets in Pine Plains, NY do not require your presence in court. However, that does not mean you should simply pay your traffic fine without exploring all of your options for fighting the charge. An experienced traffic attorney may be able to appear in court on your behalf and fight the ticket for you. As your lawyer, I will stand up for you in Pine Plains Town Court, negotiate a favorable plea deal with the prosecutor and/or police officer and fight the traffic charges if your case goes to trial. I have 36 years of experience handling traffic cases in courtrooms across New York, including Dutchess County, Orange County and Ulster County, so I know how to successfully defend you against a traffic ticket in Pine Plains, NY.
Talk to an experienced attorney before deciding to pay a traffic fine. It’s important for you to understand the consequences of a guilty plea before you make any final decisions in your traffic case. A guilty plea could haunt you for a long time because it will tarnish your driving record and potentially drive up your insurance premiums. In the worst cases, your insurance carrier could cancel your coverage entirely. A skilled traffic attorney can represent you in Pine Plains Traffic Court and contest your traffic charges.Traffic Violations in Dutchess County, New York
I have 36 years of experience defending clients against traffic charges in Dutchess County and everywhere else in NY. I have successfully represented clients accused of a variety of traffic violations, including:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Yield
- Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
If you are convicted of a traffic offense in Pine Plains, NY, the consequences may include:
- The NY Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) will be informed of your conviction in Pine Plains Traffic Court. The DMV will then put the conviction on your driving record. Out-of-state driver will also be subject to penalties because the DMV will forward notice of your NY conviction to your home state.
- The judge could impose fines, penalties and other court costs related to your traffic violation. I will fight to get your traffic charges dismissed reduced in order to minimize the potential fines.
- You may be subject to higher insurance premiums once your insurance company gets notice of your traffic conviction.
- Your driver’s license could be suspended or revoked for particularly serious traffic violations or if you have accrued too many points.
If you were issued a traffic ticket in Pine Plains, New York, Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. can look out for you and help you fight the charges. I have 36 years of experience and I understand the nuances of the traffic law in New York, so you can count on me to get the job done in the courtroom. I have successfully represented clients in traffic cases throughout NY, including Dutchess County, Orange County and Ulster County. You can call me anytime at 866-938-8498 to discuss your traffic charges or schedule a consultation at my office in Saugerties, New York.