Traffic Ticket Lawyer in Millbrook, NY
Village of Millbrook Justice Court
35 Merritt Avenue
Millbrook, NY 12545
Millbrook is a village located in Dutchess County, New York. The village is part of the Town of Washington. If you were stopped for speeding, or for any other moving violation, while driving through Millbrook Village, you should call an experienced traffic lawyer. I’m Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. and I’ve been helping clients fight traffic tickets in Dutchess County, NY for many years.
You may not be required to appear in Millbrook Village Court to answer your traffic charge. However, it is still in your best interests to speak with a knowledgeable traffic attorney before pleading guilty to a ticket or paying a fine. You want an experienced traffic defense lawyer on your side. I believe that everyone is entitled to a strong legal defense, regardless of the severity of their traffic charges. That’s why I fight hard on behalf of my clients and do whatever is necessary to win their case and help them beat their charges. I also know how stressful it can be to deal with a pending traffic charge. That’s why I provide round-the-clock attention and make myself available day or night to answer any questions you might have about your case and your defense strategy.Traffic Charges in Millbrook Village, New York
I am an experienced local attorney who understands the legal process and how the local courts operate. I appear on a daily basis in courtrooms throughout Dutchess County, Orange County and Ulster County. When I defend you in Millbrook Village Traffic Court, I will begin your defense by talking with the prosecutor and patrol officer who ticketed you. My goal will be to work out a deal that allows you to avoid trial and keep your driving privileges intact. If necessary, I will stand up for you at trial and fight to protect your rights both in and out of the courtroom. I defend clients who have been cited for any kind of traffic offense, including:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Yield
- Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
If you have been charged with a traffic offense in Millbrook, NY, you may be feeling uneasy about the possible consequences. Do not get nervous. And do not make the mistake of pleading guilty to a traffic charge before you have had a chance to discuss your legal options with a skilled traffic lawyer. If you plead guilty to a moving violation in Millbrook or anywhere else in Dutchess County, New York, the consequences could include:
- The Millbrook Village Traffic Court will contact the NY Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and notify them of your traffic conviction. The DMV will then put the conviction on your driving record. One of the results of this could be higher insurance rates, in addition to possible suspension of your driver’s license. Even if you are an out-of-state driver, you will be subject to points on your license, insurance surcharges and other penalties. That’s because the New York DMV will forward notice of your conviction in Millbrook Traffic Court to your home state.
- If you are convicted of a traffic violation in Millbrook, NY, the judge may impose expensive fines, significant monetary penalties and other court costs. I always work hard to get my clients’ traffic charges dismissed or reduced so that they can avoid the most severe penalties.
- It’s possible that your insurance carrier will raise your insurance rates once they receive notice of your traffic conviction in Millbrook. Depending on the circumstances of the offense, your carrier might even cancel your insurance policy.
- If you have prior traffic convictions in NY, or if your traffic violation is particularly serious, the Millbrook Village Traffic Court judge may decide to suspend or revoke your license.
Before you decide to plead guilty or a pay a fine, go over your options with a knowledgeable traffic lawyer. If you were stopped for speeding or any other traffic offense in Millbrook, New York, Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. is here to help you fight the charges and avoid penalties. He is a skilled traffic attorney with years of experience and a hard-earned reputation for fighting on behalf of my clients. He has successfully defended countless clients against traffic tickets in Dutchess County, Orange County, Ulster County and everywhere else in NY. Call him now at 866-938-8498 to discuss your traffic infraction or schedule a consultation at his Saugerties, NY office.