Fishkill Village Court
Village of Fishkill Justice Court
Van Wyck Hall
1095 Main Street
Fishkill, NY 12524
Fishkill is a village located in Dutchess County, New York. The village is part of the Town of Fishkill. New York Route 52 and US Route 9 are the major roads that run through the Village of Fishkill. If you were stopped for speeding on one of these roads, or on any other local road, you should speak with a qualified traffic lawyer.
The majority of traffic tickets in Fishkill NY will not require you to make an appearance in Fishkill Village Court. Even if you don’t necessarily have to show up to court to challenge your traffic ticket, you should still be represented by a qualified traffic lawyer who can fight the ticket on your behalf. I’m Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. and I’ve been helping clients fight traffic tickets in Dutchess County, NY for many years.
When you hire me to represent you in Fishkill Village Traffic Court, I will begin my defense of you by negotiating with the prosecutor and/or patrol officer who pulled you over. If necessary, I will contest your traffic charges at trial. I possess more than 36 years of experience defending clients against traffic charges in courtrooms across NY, including Dutchess County, Orange County and Ulster County. Do not simply plead guilty or pay a fine without first discussing your case with an experienced traffic ticket attorney. Statistically speaking, your odds of beating a traffic ticket in Fishkill, NY are significantly improved when you are represented by legal counsel.
If were cited for a traffic offense by a police officer in Fishkill or anywhere else in Dutchess County, NY, you may be stressed out about the consequences of a conviction, which can include costly fines, points on your license and higher insurance rates. The best thing you can do right now is contact a knowledgeable attorney. I appear on a daily basis in courts throughout Dutchess County, where I defend New York drivers, out-of-state drivers and even Canadian drivers who were ticketed while driving through NY.Contest Your Traffic Ticket in Fishkill, New York
I have the experience needed to help you fight any traffic charge, including:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Yield
- Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
- Pre-Trial Negotiating: I will begin my defense of you by investigating the circumstances of your traffic stop in an effort to develop an advanced defense strategy. Prior to trial, I will discuss your case with the traffic cop who ticketed you and/or the local prosecutor at Fishkill Village Traffic Court. If the police officer made any mistakes, such as a procedural error, before, during or after the initial traffic stop, I will try to persuade them to drop the charges against you. Even if no mistakes were made in your traffic case, I will fight to get your charges reduced to a non-moving violation such as improper parking, which will allow you to avoid points on your license. In the event that the patrol officer wrote you up for multiple violations on the same ticket, I will attempt to get the traffic charges merged into a single traffic offense.
- Fighting the Charges at Trial: I prepare every case with the expectation that we will be headed to trial. As a result, I am always ready to do battle in the courtroom. Even if your case does not ultimately go to trial, my advanced preparation gives me a major advantage when I negotiate with the prosecutor and police officer. If your case goes to trial, I will contest your ticket in Fishkill Village Traffic Court and do everything possible to win your case.
The consequences of a traffic conviction in Fishkill, or anywhere else in Dutchess County, NY, can be severe. Your ability to operate a motor vehicle anywhere in the State of New York could be in jeopardy; a conviction for a moving violation could lead to points on your driver’s license and possible license suspension. Beyond that, a traffic conviction on your driving record could prompt your insurance carrier to raise your auto insurance rates. That’s why your best move right now is to call Jonathan D. Katz, Esq., an experienced traffic attorney who understands the nuances of traffic law in New York and who can ably defend you.
Contact him anytime at 866-938-8498 to discuss your traffic charges or schedule a consultation at his New Paltz, NY office.