Dover Town Court
Dover Town Justice Court
126 East Duncan Hill Road
Dover Plains, NY 12522
845-877-6128 or 845-832-9373
Dover is a town located in the eastern part of Dutchess County, New York. NY State Routes 22 and 343 pass through Dover. If you were ticketed for a moving violation on one of these roads, or on any other road in Dover, call an experienced traffic attorney now.
Although it’s possible you won’t be required to appear in Dover Traffic Court to answer your traffic charge, you should still speak with a lawyer who has your best interests in mind. Do not mistakenly think that you are automatically guilty just because a police officer pulled you over and cited you for a traffic offense. A knowledgeable traffic attorney can look over the details of your case and help you explore your available options. I have successfully defended countless clients against charges for speeding, failure to yield, driving under the influence (DUI) and every other traffic violation in New York.Traffic Charges in Dover, New York
I defend clients on a daily basis in courts throughout NY, including Dutchess County, Orange County and Ulster County. I have successfully represented Dover residents, other New York drivers and drivers from other states ticketed for moving violations in New York. I can defend you against any traffic offenses, including:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Yield
- Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
- Pre-Trial Plea Deals: I know how to negotiate with prosecutors and police officers because I have decades of experience defending clients against traffic charges throughout New York. I will scrutinize the circumstances of your traffic stop and determine whether the police officer had a legal right to pull you over in the first place. If the officer did not have probable cause or if they committed a procedural error or other mistake, I can potentially fight to get your charges dismissed before a trial. Prior to the start of trial, I will discuss your case with the police officer and/or the prosecutor and attempt to negotiate a plea deal to get your charges dropped or reduced to a non-moving violation such as improper parking. If the police officer issued you a ticket for multiple traffic offenses, I may be able to get all of the violations merged into a single offense.
- Trial in Dover Traffic Court: I know how important it is for you to keep your driving record clean and avoid significant penalties. That’s why I always prepare every traffic case with the expectation that we will be headed to trial. If the time comes for me to fight for you in Dover Traffic Court, I will not hesitate to cross-examine witnesses and destroy the opposition’s evidence in order to win your case and help you beat your traffic ticket.
A skilled traffic attorney should do whatever is necessary to help you avoid the most serious penalties for a traffic offense. When I represent you in Dover Traffic Court, I will bring a wealth of knowledge with me because I have 36 years of experience handling traffic cases in Dutchess County, Orange County, Ulster County and everywhere else in New York. Whether you were ticketed for speeding, drunk driving or running a red light, I will fight for you.Free Consultation With an Experienced Dover NY Traffic Violation Lawyer
If you’ve been accused of committing a moving violation in Dover, New York, or anywhere else in Dutchess County, it is crucial that you contact an experienced traffic attorney before discussing your case with the prosecutor or considering a guilty plea. Do not place your driving privileges in NY at risk. Call Jonathan D. Katz, Esq., a traffic lawyer with years of experience handling traffic cases throughout Dutchess County, Orange County and Ulster County, New York. You can reach me day or night at 866-938-8498 to discuss your case or schedule a consultation at my New Paltz NY office.